Tricare is the health insurance program that covers members of the United States armed forces and their dependent family members. This military health care provides coverage for a broad array of health treatment services, including many services included in drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs. Tricare covers a large number of addiction treatment services for people with a substance use disorder and who meet other relevant requirements.
We are a proud supporter of the military community and are honored to work with members of the U.S. armed forces and their families to restore hope and provide treatment for drug and alcohol dependency. Our programs offer individually designed treatment options that support members of the military and their family in seeking assistance and a way out of drug dependency. We will work with you in order to ensure that you can receive the insurance benefits to which you are entitled.
Tricare covers members of the armed forces and their families, including retired members of the military. The branches of the service included in the program include the following:
- Air Force
- Marine Corps
- Coast Guard
- Commission Core
- U.S. Public Health Service
- Commission Core of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association
Like other kinds of health insurance coverage, Tricare plans can include health coverage, dental plans, special programs and prescription plans. Its programs are managed by the Defense Health Agency under the Assistant Secretary of Defense and meet the requirements for coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
Drug Rehab Coverage With Tricare
There are a number of services related to the treatment of substance use disorder covered by your Tricare policy. In most cases, coverage is determined by medical necessity, which means that the treatment and services are provided by a healthcare entity, appropriate for the treatment of the condition and meet the relevant standards of care. Among the drug addiction treatment services that are eligible for Tricare coverage are the following:
- Emergency hospital inpatient services: This option includes medical issues, including psychiatric issues, related to a substance use disorder requiring emergency care as a hospital inpatient.
- Detoxification and withdrawal management: Known colloquially as Tricare, detox is a medically supported, safe, monitored process for ridding the body of the problematic substances of dependency.
- Medication assisted treatment: For people dealing with opioid dependency, Tricare may provide funding for treatment that includes medications along with therapy.
- Mental health assessments and therapies: There are a range of evidence-based mental health therapeutic services covered for people dealing with substance use disorder. Some of these treatments can include psychological assessments, psychotherapy, psychiatric drug treatment and related therapies and services that are part of an ongoing drug rehab program.
- Residential drug addiction treatment facility care: For people with a substance use disorder diagnosis and severe symptoms, 24-hour care in a residential drug rehab can be covered through Tricare. This is covered for people with severe withdrawal symptions and a formal diagnosis.
- Partial hospitalization programs: These programs offer daytime intensive therapy with patients returning home after each day of treatment. For people meeting specific conditions, Tricare can cover these programs as well.
How Can Tricare Coverage Help Beat Addiction?
Like most insurance programs, Tricare has some limitations on the type and timeline of covered drug rehab services for full funding. These restrictions can involve specific forms of treatment as well as the length of time a covered person can remain in treatment. In some cases, the covered individual may be responsible for funding a portion of their care, while on other occasions Tricare can provide coverage for all related expenses for treatment of substance use disorder.
Our experienced staff will work with you and with Tricare to collect information and determine the type, scope and length of addiction services that are covered by Tricare for you or your family member seeking treatment. A physician making a formal referral can be an important part of meeting standards for medical necessity; in addition, a physician can take part in the formal intake evaluation prior to admission to a drug rehab program.
When Tricare Doesn’t Cover The Complete Cost
Our facility can work with you and your family to help you achieve your goal of freedom from alcohol or drug dependency. We are committed to working with you to ensure you receive necessary care for long-term sober recovery, an increased quality of life and ongoing success. This means that we are committed to working with you to ensure that you have access to excellent drug rehab services in a way that is financially accessible to you and your family.
In some cases, certain important services may not be fully covered by your Tricare insurance, but they can still be important for your ongoing successful recovery. There are some alternate financing options that can help to support your recovery journey. Once we have a clear assessment from Tricare of exactly what coverage is provided, we can work with you to develop a plan for financing the uncovered parts of treatment. You don’t need to let financial concerns hold you back from accessing the health care that you need. We are happy to work with you to ensure that you can receive the rehab services that will lead to success.
Confirming Your Tricare Benefits
We can work with you to confirm the relevant amounts, types and levels of drug rehab treatment that are covered for you and your family member under your Tricare insurance and to answer any other questions and address your concerns. When you call us with your Tricare information, we will be able to provide you with the necessary details that can help you make an individualized treatment decision about your next steps toward recovery.
We can help you to get started and get on the road to freedom from drug and alcohol dependency. We are available 24 hours a day to help you get the information you need and plan to get you started. Call us today at 877-813-9235